cplay-dev

[cplay-dev] Fork Blocking

From: SHRIZZA
Subject: [cplay-dev] Fork Blocking
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 18:32:34 +0900

After performing a shell command (with '!') while a song is playing, I must ^C (to stop the song) then hit return to return to the app.

As a test, I performed a shell command near the end of a playing song. I hit return before the song ended and, as I suspected, just after the song ended, I was immediately returned to the app.

Is this the expected behavior? If not (or if so but looking for a solution), should we look into using the standard library's commands.getoutput() or do you think there's a work-around with the current os.fork() and os._exit()?