cppdoc-announce

[Cppdoc-announce] mouse

From: Cecilia King
Subject: [Cppdoc-announce] mouse
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 03:45:27 -0700

news without the irritation of topicality. You just can't tell what.
I hope they find time to post more frequently, as I'm sure they have a lot of experience to share.
But don't assume they're not going to happen. If you're working in an agile lifecycle, your velocity will self-correct. The bigger and less cross-functional your project, the less impact they have.
Products stay released. Sometimes increased performance or reliability is a goal, not just more features. I happily printed off my e-bill from BT, and guess what?
Astroturfing lacks transparency. The things that work for me don't necessarily work for the other person. Unless I'm with other people. Astroturfing lacks transparency. I look at it a different way - many of these colleagues have never communicated with each other before.
The things that work for me don't necessarily work for the other person. Now there's definitiely no hiding place.
One example is doing estimation with feedback. Sometimes an earlier release date is a goal. Mark tells me no one can see them because of my hair. To be honest, an afternoon of lost work is not the big a deal in the scheme of things. Sometimes, paying down technical debt is a goal.
If I miss mid-October, I have no writing time until almost the middle of November. Each of them has more comments than they have posts, proving that this is more about listening than broadcasting. It will either be too optimistic or too pessimistic, and I won't know which one until October.
The things that work for me don't necessarily work for the other person.