cppdoc-announce

[Cppdoc-announce] brainstorm

From: Amy Lindsay
Subject: [Cppdoc-announce] brainstorm
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:28:07 -0200

Not having used other mind mapping software extentively, I'm not sure if you could simply substitute "mind map" for "MindManager.
The result is that we loose context in discussions about software methodologies.
This is actually an excelent wirte-upand I'm not even half-way scrolled down yet.
The non-liner magic that is mind maps works well for scatter brain to do lists. As a developer, if that's not your thing, either get clever or get out, because it'll drive you crazy. An OPML export is a must, while some sort of XML format that captured more of the information than OPML could would be great. Maybe this is just a theory on my part as I can't readily think of an example. A briefing is largely a presentation from a software vendor or service provider telling us about their software, hardware, services, or other IT related offerings.
A PDF download would be great as would and the MMP file nice too.
Both of them are fantastic examples of OS X applications: best of breed, damn handsome, and affordable. It's good enough for me, esp.
All you can do is work on gut-level ideas until they become real enough to ask, "is this something people would use?
In fact, as Steve outlines, several Agile practices are fantastic. Rather than ferret out all of them, the point I want to make is how understanding that software development operates in one of these three models drives the way you do that development. Support and sales are huge to these companies, as is predictability.
MindManager makes managing that process a lot easier: you can just arrow around to the different bubbles, adding and refining content as needed. I suspect that's just a bug that'll be ironed out. Support and sales are huge to these companies, as is predictability. But, trying all the combos I can think of, I can't insert a callout topic via keys. " At several such companies I worked at, I'd always call this innogration.
Steve, writely fan that he is, immediately started using writely for real-time, multi-user note taking. , Microsoft, Amazon. These companies often have few "large" customers, often building up to that, or focusing on volume sales, hosted or packaged. That's no knock on him, Google; in fact, good for them for figuring it out. That is, I often map out my thoughts on different items but I haven't found nice graphical way to mark-up that they're mine: I use square brackets for now, e. All you can do is work on gut-level ideas until they become real enough to ask, "is this something people would use?
People on both side of the fence have been guilty of forgetting that, and then drawing broad generalizations about what works and doesn't work. Before using MindManager, I often took notes pseudo-HTML just do that I could put links in line as needed.