cybop-developers

Proposal to integrate CYBOP Media Types (Categories)

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christian Heller
Subject: Proposal to integrate CYBOP Media Types (Categories)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 14:10:44 +0100

Dear Members of IANA!

The standard web form is to apply for one new media type, but this
suggestion covers many media types and sub types, so that I send an email.

The CYBOP open source project offers an application programming language
called CYBOL, based on XML or JSON. Its syntax may represent (1) state
value structures as well as (2) logic operations in a uniform way.

I therefore propose to add new media type categories for operations like:

calculate/add
flow/loop
communicate/send

I further propose to add one new media type category for numbers like:

number/integer
number/fraction-decimal
number/complex-cartesian

You may find an overview of further media types at:

http://www.cybop.org/documentation/api/

In summary: I suggest IANA to prospectively keep two separate lists
of media types, one for space (classical mime types) and another one
for time (operations).

This email goes in copy to the HTML W3C mailing list, since it may be
of interest in relation to chapter "17 IANA considerations":
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/iana.html#iana

For moderation and legal issues:
I herewith give permission to forward this email to other interested
people or parties and store/publish this message in public archives.

Yours sincerely
Christian Heller

--
CYBOP Software