dataexplorer-help

display vario height and GPS height in parallel

From: Alexander Wengler
Subject: display vario height and GPS height in parallel
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 21:26:02 +0200

Hello all,

I try to compare the height information of the vario with the one of the
GPS module (Graupner HoTT). In the 'standard' configuration of the
dataexplorer I saw that these values are mapped to one column. I already
found a complex config window for the HotTTAdapter2.xml. I guess in the
tab "Ausgangskanal/Konfiguration" it might be possible to add a separate
column for the second height information.? Is there a manual or easy
description how to do?

In case that is not possible I also had a look in the
HoTTbinReader2.java to get the information, how the data is stored in
the bin file. I found that the bin file consists of 64 byte blocks
(matching with code). As I read the code I got the impression, that one
sensor information is stored in 3..5 blocks. I see byte 33 (beginning
counting with 0) is a number 00, 01, 02, 03 or 04. However I did not
find any number that might indicate the sensor. Or in case this number
indicates the sensor, the data after byte 33 is too identically between
the lines with the same index to be only a part of the sensor data.

Is there anyone who can show me the easiest way to be able to compare
the two height values? Reconfiguration would be more comfortable for the
future, but if it's easier, I'd be happy to get the info from the bin
file also.

Many thanks in advance

  Alex