dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] Dazuko 1.2.0 released

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Dazuko 1.2.0 released
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 12:53:18 +0200

Hi,

Dazuko 1.2.0 has now been officially released. The cascading is working absolutely wonderful. I have never been so excited about it!

I have also received a Java-version of the Dazuko interface (submitted by Alex Ellwein). Yes, you read that right, Java! The Java interface is exactly the same as the C interface and works great! I will be posting it on the website as soon as I get a chance. Maybe we can get more languages to support the interface.

Right now, all "application groups" share the same Include/Exclude paths. It would be better if each registered group had their own set of paths to control. This will be a feature in 1.2.1. It won't be too difficult to implement, however keeping it efficient will be the trick.

My next task needs to be a kernel patch. I have very little experience about making "official"-like kernel patches. I'll have to check out some examples to see. With the new RedHat kernels, the only way to install Dazuko is by compiling it directly into the kernel.

With LinuxTag coming up, I am trying to make a push for features and well-roundedness. :)

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer