dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] 1.2.1-pre2, version 1.3, and LinuxTag

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 1.2.1-pre2, version 1.3, and LinuxTag
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:13:42 +0200

Hi,

I have released another pre-release 1.2.1-pre2. I had noticed that the -DON_CLOSE_SUPPORT, etc. defines were not really in their proper places. Now they will work correctly (for example, if someone only wants to detect ON_EXEC events). It could still be optimized to produce a "minimal" kernel module, but for now it is ok.

I have also been hard at work on the 1.3 branch! The new abstraction layer has been completed (functionally) and I have created the linux extension. This new 1.3 branch is only available via CVS, however I will be releasing it soon as a pre-release. I am running the 1.3 version on my machine at work and have not yet had any problems. It is quite exciting!

My next task will be to implement a freebsd extension utilizing the abstraction layer in 1.3.

I will continue developing the 1.2 and 1.3 branches in parallel for a while. Although it is a little more effort, it is safer for the users. (I don't want to push the 1.3 version too soon.)

I would like to see 1.2 get one more new feature and a few optimizations before coming to a close. Namely:
  - each application group has it's own include/exclude list
  - general list locks are replaced with locks for each list

These features will, of course, also be incorporated in the 1.3 branch in parallel.

On a side, I will be giving a presentation about Dazuko at LinuxTag on Thursday, July 10th (in Germany). If you happen to be there, stop by and say "Hi!"

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer