dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.0.5-pre1 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.0.5-pre1 posted
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:31:15 +0100

Patrick Bihan-Faou wrote:
I have noticed the 'open files never close' problem too, but the occurence
of that bug almot completely disapeared after I implemented the dup/dup2
changes. If you need a hand at testing some ideas on what may be causing
that, let me know.

Hi,

The best help would be if we could write a simple test program that generated the problem. If we can see when it occurs, we can better understand why Dazuko is missing the CLOSE events (or why there are no CLOSE events).

With certain programs (such as Firefox), it is always the same files that are not seen as closed. I'm trying to find simple programs that cause the phenomenon because they will be easier to debug.

I don't think dup() helped clean up the problem, but dup2() probably did. With dup2() it is possible that CLOSE events occur (when you dup to a file descriptor that is already in use). There must be more of these type of system calls (that implicitely close files).

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer