dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] Comments on TAF

From: Calin A. Culianu
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Comments on TAF
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:18:29 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, John Ogness wrote:

Hi,

I would handle masking in and out in a similar fashion to how paths are currently handled. In other words:

dazukoAddIncludeEvent(struct dazuko_access *);
dazukoAddExcludeEvent(struct dazuko_access *);

where exclude has priority over include and by default no events are sent (like it is now with paths). This would make dazukoAddIncludePath() and dazukoAddExcludePath() obsolete (these are just special cases of the above functions).

Yeah you're right.  It is indeed elegant to do it this way..

I am *really* starting to like this and I have already thought about how it can be implemented in Dazuko. It should be quite simple, actually. I may push this in before the 2.1.0 release, because I don't want any API changes between 2.1.0 and 2.2.0.

Very neat! I like that idea of making Include/Exclude paths a special shorthand wrapper for dazukoIncludeEvent() and dazukoExcludeEvent() too. I am glad this feature addition actually makes so much sense for dazuko, because it would really help to improve performance (for my app at least).. it's fortunate that you already can think of an easy way to implement it, as well..

I am really happy you like this feature and don't hesitate to implement it -- let me know if you want tests to throw at it as I have an app now that I wrote that could easily take advantage of this feature and therefore I am poised to help you test it! :)

-Calin