dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] TAF vs. fine-grained masking

From: Calin A. Culianu
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] TAF vs. fine-grained masking
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:35:55 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, John Ogness wrote:

Fine-grained masking will take more time than I originally thought, mainly because I want to do a "complete" implementation with individual mask removal included. This means that I will not include it in the 2.1.x series, but will plan it for the 2.2.x series. The main motivation for this decision is that 2.1.0-pre3 already includes many improvements over 2.0.6 and I want to get a stable release of it finished soon. Fine-grained masking will involve many fundamental changes in Dazuko (the underlying implementation as well as API extension) and we are too close to a 2.1.0 release to start digging up the code.

Hi John,

Aww no fine-grained masking later this afternoon? :P It's ok, I figured it must be a pretty big change..

I am pretty happy with the improvements in 2.1 already -- I am really happy with the fact that include/exclude masks are now per-group.. it gives me piece of mind that no other apps will stomp on my app's settings.. :)

No worries and thanks for the good work on Dazuko in general!

-Calin