dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] Dazuko XP

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Dazuko XP
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:35:58 +0200

John Richard Moser wrote:
Is Dazuko going to hit windows XP soon?

Hi,

I know that there are some commercial organizations working on getting Dazuko ported to WindowsXP. But I have no idea when that will be finished (or if it will be available at no cost). With WindowsXP Dazuko would be implemented as a mini-filter. This involves using Microsoft-Proprietary interfaces. To use these interfaces requires a license and signing a non-disclosure-agreement. This means that Dazuko for WindowsXP could never be open source.

HOWEVER, many companies have purchased such a license and signed the required documents. This means that one of these companies could port Dazuko and release it as a binary DLL at no cost. This would be the ideal solution (considering the options). We will have to see what happens. Right now there are no proposed release dates for a WindowsXP version.

On a side note, a friend of mine is working on a 16-bit MS-DOS port of Dazuko. :)

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer