dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] RE: trusting relatives

From: Tikka, Sami
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] RE: trusting relatives
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 12:34:05 +0300

Woohoo! This looks very nice! Your current implementation matches, at least
conceptually, pretty closely the trusted pid patch I originally posted. You
have added some extra checks for the situation where another process has
taken the same pid. I am happy!

I'd like to clarify how the "relatives" check is done. It seems to me that
the while loop below would step up thru the process family hierarchy until it
finds a process that is its own parent. What kind of a process is that?

static inline struct task_struct* get_root_parent(struct task_struct *p)
{
        struct task_struct      *ts = p;

        while (1)
        {
                if (ts == NULL)
                        return NULL;

                if (ts->p_pptr == NULL)
                        return ts;

                if (ts == ts->p_pptr)
                        return ts;

                if (ts->p_pptr == ts->p_pptr->p_pptr)
                        return ts;

                ts = ts->p_pptr;
        }
}

--
Sami Tikka                tel. +358 9 2520 5115
senior software engineer  fax. +358 9 2520 5014