dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] problems of dazuko-2.1.0-pre9 in co-existing with capabil

From: Kai-Cheung Leung
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] problems of dazuko-2.1.0-pre9 in co-existing with capability.ko in debian kernel-image-2.6.x
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 11:16:45 +1200

I have tried out the new dazuko-2.1.0-pre9.  It now compiles perfectly in
pre 2.6.13 kernels.  However it still cannot be loaded if capability.ko
module exists in the /lib/modules/2.6.x/boot/ directory.

Therefore when you release the final version of 2.1.0 and make a debian
package, in the installation script, would you please include instructions
to move the capability.ko from /lib/modules/2.6.x/boot/ to a backup
directory and install the dazuko.ko into the /lib/modules/2.6.x/boot/
directory?

This will allow dazuko to run properly with the debian kernel-image-2.6.x
packages in the Debian system, which is a prerequisite before you try
asking someone to sponser your package!!  Once this is done, then if you
want, I could talk to the clamav debian package maintainers and I am sure
that they will be happy to sponser your package they also want to see your
package to be included in the debian repository so that they can use it as
a dependency package for their clamav.

Kai-Cheung Leung