dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] 2.1.0 released

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.1.0 released
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:10:13 +0200

Hi,

After a year in pre-release, Dazuko 2.1.0 has finally been released. I
really want to thank everyone for their help in pointing out, debugging,
and fixing a lot of issues. 2.1.0 is an *enormous* improvement over
2.0.6 in just about every aspect. Some of the major items include:

- each group now has its own settings
- added trusted application framework (TAF)
- added lua, ruby, and php language bindings
- added support for mixed 32-bit/64-bit environments
- added API for version information
- greatly improved (stacking) support for Linux 2.6
- eliminated open-file list (that caused memory leaks)
- added abstraction layer to userspace library
- simplified design for handling events
- added cache-API (for use with Linux/RSBAC)
- many bugfixes (see CHANGELOG)

Now that 2.1.0 has been released (and I am very happy with it), I can
finally start focusing on DazukoFS. As mentioned in this mailing list,
there are a lot of other features that are also wanted. These features
will be introduced in the following 2.1.x versions (and possibly even
2.2.x for the major ones).

However, since DazukoFS will represent a major change in how Dazuko
works and the way that it is installed and used, I will be doing this
for version 3.0.  This fundamental change will require a lot of testing,
so I want to get it into pre-release soon. But I do not expect it to be
ready for stable use for quite some time. Proof-of-concepts have already
been done (based on FiST), so I am confident that it can be done without
requiring kernel patches (for any OS).

Until then, the 2.1.x and following 2.2.x branches will be developed to
continue offering stable releases within reasonable timeframes.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer