dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] Re: new problem in dazuko

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Re: new problem in dazuko
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:16:24 +0200

张伟 wrote:
> I was installing dazuko in Linux kernel 2.6.9, but have some problems
> when use "./configure"
>
> checking host system type... Linux
> checking for make utility... ok (make)
> checking for C compiler... ok (cc)
> kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.9-34.EL/source... yes
> kernel build source in /lib/modules/2.6.9-34.EL/build... yes
> acquiring Linux kernel code configuration... ok
> checking if Linux is RSBAC patched... no
> checking if devfs is enabled... no
> discovered host system... Linux (2.6.9)
> checking if security module support is enabled... yes
> verifying capabilities are not built-in... built-in :(
> error: capabilities are built-in to the kernel:
>        you will need to recompile a kernel with capabilities
>        as a kernel module
> 1.whether I must open CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES module, and recompile
> my kernel?

Yes. CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES must be a module. You will need to
recompile your kernel after you make this change. You will also need to
make sure you load dazuko before the capability module.

> 2.whether have other methods not check this module?

If recompiling the kernel is not an option, you can use syscall hooking
instead. For this you will need the correct System.map file for your
kernel. This is often available as /boot/System.map, but not always.
Then you can configure Dazuko with:

$ ./configure --enable-syscalls --mapfile=/boot/System.map

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer