dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] ClamFS and DazukoFS

From: Frantisek Hrbata
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] ClamFS and DazukoFS
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:12:24 +0200

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:55:21 +0200
John Ogness <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think we may still be interested in offering a FUSE-based version of
> DazukoFS as a "backup". The Dazuko project has been experiencing
> severe compatibility problems over the past 2 years. By providing a
> FUSE-based solution, we offer a non-kernel alternative. The
> alternative may be less performant and include limitations, but it is
> an alternative nonetheless.

Provide it as an alternative solution is fine. More solutions == better.

I was confused with one paregraph which you wrote in the first email.

<cite>
What does this all mean? It means that I am considering changing
DazukoFS to be FUSE-based rather than a stackable filesytem in the
kernel.
</cite>

I think that switching DazukoFS completely to the FUSE is not good but
keeping it as an alternative to the DazukoFS based on FiST is fine.

--
Regards,

Frantisek Hrbata
GRISOFT, s.r.o.