dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] Dazuko's 6th birthday (Wiki)

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Dazuko's 6th birthday (Wiki)
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:52:56 +0100

Hi,

Today marks 6 years of Dazuko. I am working to get the project
organized so that it can continue forward. One of the things I feel
will help this is to allow the community direct access to maintain the
website. With the constant release of new distributions and kernels,
Dazuko is in a constant state of change. Dazuko's only documentation
(the website) suffers the most from this.

As of right now Dazuko's site is based on the MediaWiki
software. Anyone who creates an account (and verifies their email) is
able to make changes to the site.

I have already moved over most of the information from the old site,
but there are still some things to do. There's also definate room for
improvement on the formatting.

However, I did manage to add two new pages that I think are helpful
(particularly for developers). The first is a "Roadmap" page, which
lists the next steps for the Dazuko project. This will help everyone
to know where Dazuko is headed.

The second is a "Related Work" page. This includes links to the many
kernel modules and communities that are doing the same type of work as
the Dazuko project. Right now a lot of people are doing the same thing
but in different ways. By putting everything together on a single
page, users and developers can have a clear overview about what is out
there.

This last year has been a difficult one for myself (as maintainer) and
the Dazuko project in general. There are a lot of changes happening
and it is necessary for the project to refocus on a positive
direction. For 2008 the main focus is moving towards Linux-mainline
acceptance (with DazukoFS).

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer