dazuko-devel

Re: UNS: RE: Re: UNS: RE: UNS: RE: [Dazuko-devel] capability as a module

From: jim burns
Subject: Re: UNS: RE: Re: UNS: RE: UNS: RE: [Dazuko-devel] capability as a module onfc8
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:15:22 -0400

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 01:03:34 am Tikka, Sami wrote:

> > This is a big problem, as my Fedora system exports '/'. Is this your

> > limitation, or dazuko's?

> It is one of dazuko's. See

> http://dazuko.dnsalias.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Does_Dazuko_detect_file_acces

>se s_over_Samba.2C_Netatalk.2C_and_NFS.3F

I'm a little confused about the distinction - which packages install the kernel version of nfs, and which install the userspace version? (Again, fc8.)

From the mentioned FAQ:

"Yes, yes, and yes. This allows you to develop software to monitor, regulate, or protect file access on your Samba, Netatalk, or NFS File Server.

Note for Netatalk: In order to work correctly with Dazuko, Netatalk must be compiled using the --with-did=cnid option.

Note for NFS: In order to work correctly with Dazuko, the NFS User Server must be used (not the NFS Kernel Server). The NFS Kernel Server communicates over sockets directly from the kernel, thus bypassing Dazuko. "

So at least I don't have to worry about samba accesses.