dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.3.5-pre1 (patch) posted

From: jim burns
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.3.5-pre1 (patch) posted
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 20:23:56 -0400

On Sunday March 23 2008 10:26:24 pm I wrote:
> So I'm thinking out loud about solutions:

And John answered:

> Another option would be to hook the syscall table instead of using
> LSM. Since it is a kernel patch (rather than a module), this would be
> quite simple. But I hate even bringing up this option as it is heavily
> looked down upon by the kernel community. I really would like to stay
> with LSM until DazukoFS is ready.

Thanx for the long analysis. Obviously if something from the dazuko project is
going to get into mainline, we don't want to do what's frowned on. For now,
I'm mostly using xen on fedora, where the kernel is still at 2.6.21, and thus
still supports dazuko. And the buzz about fc9 is it won't support dom0, so I
suspect I'll be using my compiled binary for some time to come. (Fedora is
going to concentrate on later kernels with builtin support for domu via the
pvops api, and will roll out dom0 when it becomes mainline - late fc9, or
fc10.) And as I said, SuSE won't be a problem either. So, at least for me,
you still have time to get DazukoFS/NullFS working.

Forge on!