dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 3.0.0-rc2 posted

From: Ann Davis
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 3.0.0-rc2 posted
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:21:42 -0700

jim burns wrote:
On Thu October 9 2008 4:22:03 pm John Ogness wrote:
I have posted the next release candidate for DazukoFS 3.0.0. One major
bug and several minor bugs were discovered in the process management
code. These have been fixed. If you encounter _any_ warnings or
errors, please report them to this list. Even if you can't provide (or
don't have time for) a detailed report, it is still helpful for me to
know if problems exist.

As previously reported on 9/28, this won't build on openSuSE 11.0. The error is in inode.c, presumably from nullfs, and is reproduced below.

I believe the root of the problem is that on openSUSE (and SLE 11), the vfs_mknod function has an extra "struct vfsmount" argument, put in place for AppArmor. Pls. see the http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/12/20/189 thread.

John, pls. offer your thoughts on how hard it would be to support this difference in the SUSE kernels...

Thx,

Ann