dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] dazukofs patch for 2.6.18

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] dazukofs patch for 2.6.18
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 23:27:15 +0100

On 2008-11-28, Lino Sanfilippo <address@hidden> wrote:
> we plan to ship dazuko source code together with the next release of
> our workstation/server software to ease software setup for the user.
> To avoid a mixture of dazukoFS and dazuko 2 code for the different
> kernels, we would like to provide dazukoFS for as many kernels as
> possible (mainly the ones with long time support).  For this reason
> we ported dazukoFS to 2.6.18 as a first step.

Wow. That's a lot of work!

> Would you like to add this (and possibly following) patch(es) to
> your repository to support the older kernels?

It might be too early for that. DazukoFS is still a moving target. For
example, if you compare the Linux Submission patches with 3.0.0-rc3
you will already find a lot of changes. After being submitted for the
Linux kernel, I assume that many more changes will be needed.

You are certainly welcome to spend time on this. But be aware that it
may be a frustrating task until DazukoFS settles down.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer