dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] dazukofs-3.0.0 interrupted system calls

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] dazukofs-3.0.0 interrupted system calls
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:41:25 +0100

On 2009-02-26, Frantisek Hrbata <address@hidden> wrote:
> I experimentally added support for dazukofs to our upcoming avg8
> because I would like to make some performance comparison between
> dazukofs and avflt.

Nice. It would be great if you could post the results of your tests
here.

> After dazukofs integration to our scanner I have noticed that
> dazukofs_get_access returns a lots of -EINTR. I am using dazukofs in
> a multi-threaded scanner and this error occurs only when more then
> one thread is used. I wrote a simple showfiles_mt application using
> dazukofs in several threads just to check out if the problem is in
> my integration or in dazukofs. As I found out I can easily reproduce
> this behavior with showfiles_mt.

I am running a multi-threaded application without any such
problems. However, my implementation is a bit different then yours. I
will try to illustrate the difference here using a diff-like approach.

int main(void)
{
-    signal(SIGTERM, sigterm);
-    signal(SIGINT, sigterm);
+    sigset_t sigset;
+
+    /* detect TERM signals */
+    signal(SIGTERM, sigterm);
+    signal(SIGINT, sigterm);
+    signal(SIGHUP, sigterm);
+
+    /* ignore SIGUSR1 (only used by threads) */
+    if (sigemptyset(&sigset) == 0) {
+       sigaddset(&sigset, SIGUSR1);
+       sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, &sigset, NULL);
+    }

+    sigset_t sigset;
+    if (sigemptyset(&sigset) == 0) {
+       sigaddset(&sigset, SIGTERM);
+       sigaddset(&sigset, SIGINT);
+       sigaddset(&sigset, SIGHUP);
+       pthread_sigmask(SIG_BLOCK, &sigset, NULL);
+    }

 Also there is just a simple single process example