dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] Trouble with NTFS-3G and mount

From: alessandrovanni
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Trouble with NTFS-3G and mount
Date: 12 Oct 2010 17:57:54 -0000

Hello,
I have 2 troubles with DazukoFS 3 on Debian 5.0 (Lenny) (Kernel Linux
2.6.26-2-686) with GNOME 2.22.3.

1)
I mounted the sdb5 partition without DazukoFS 3 and I added in the fstab file
this:

/dev/sdb5  /mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5  ext3  defaults  0  3

On the desktop appeared the new icon "Linux Dati" ("Linux Dati" is the label of
the sdb5 partition).
All worked.

Then I tried to mount the same sdb5 partition with DazukoFS 3, so I added at
the end of the fstab file this:

/mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5  /mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5  dazukofs

But on the desktop appeared two icons, "Linux Dati" and "Linux_Dati__sdb5"
("Linux Dati" is the label of the sdb5 partition and "Linux_Dati__sdb5" is the
mount point of the sdb5 partition).

DazukoFS 3 works with both icons, seems correctly, but I wish to have only the
"Linux Dati" icon on the desktop and I am afraid that 2 icons can create
troubles.

I noticed also that in the /etc/mtab file, the /home partition is also mounted
twice and it does not seem correct, but correctly on the Desktop there is not
"home" icon, this the important part of the mtab file:

/dev/sda14 /home ext3 rw 0 0
/dev/sdb5 /mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5 ext3 rw 0 0

/home /home dazukofs rw 0 0
/mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5 /mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5 dazukofs rw 0 0

2)
I mounted the sdb2 NTFS partition with NTFS-3G:

/dev/sdb2  /mnt/Tmp__sdb2  ntfs-3g  defaults  0  0

The NTFS-3G partition is mounted twice as the ext3 partition that I previously
described at point 1), but with the NTFS-3G partition I have also another
trouble.

I created a text file with gedit, I wrote some words, I saved the file and I
closed the file; then when I reopened the file it is all OK.

Then I mounted it with DazukoFS 3 adding at the end of the /etc/fstab file this:

/mnt/Tmp__sdb2  /mnt/Tmp__sdb2  dazukofs

I created a text file with gedit, I wrote some words, I saved the file and I
closed the file; but when I reopened the file it was empty, after system
restart when I reopened the file it contained the correct data.

Seems that Dazuko 3 have trouble with NTFS-3G or I have mistaken something.

This is my complete fstab file:

proc  /proc  proc  defaults  0  0
/dev/sda13  /  ext3  errors=remount-ro  0  1
/dev/sda14  /home  ext3  defaults  0  2
/dev/sdb2  /mnt/Tmp__sdb2  ntfs-3g  defaults  0  0
/dev/sdb5  /mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5  ext3  defaults  0  3

/home  /home  dazukofs
/mnt/Tmp__sdb2  /mnt/Tmp__sdb2  dazukofs
/mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5  /mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5  dazukofs

This is my complete mtab file:

/dev/sda13 / ext3 rw,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /lib/init/rw tmpfs rw,nosuid,mode=0755 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
procbususb /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
udev /dev tmpfs rw,mode=0755 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
/dev/sda14 /home ext3 rw 0 0
/dev/sdb2 /mnt/Tmp__sdb2 fuseblk rw,allow_other,blksize=4096 0 0
/dev/sdb5 /mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5 ext3 rw 0 0
/home /home dazukofs rw 0 0
/mnt/Tmp__sdb2 /mnt/Tmp__sdb2 dazukofs rw 0 0
/mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5 /mnt/Linux_Dati__sdb5 dazukofs rw 0 0

Thanks in advance.
Alessandro

Valore legale alle tue mail
InterfreePEC - la tua Posta Elettronica Certificata
http://pec.interfree.it