dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 3.1.4-rc1 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 3.1.4-rc1 posted
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 18:48:39 +0200

Hi,

I have posted the first release candidate for DazukoFS 3.1.4. This
version will compile against the upcoming 2.6.36 Linux kernel. Since
there were various Linux-API changes, I doubt it will compile against
an older kernel.

IMPORTANT: This new version fixes an inode leak when removing
directories.

This version fixes an issue where an mmap'd file would always show the
original content, event if the file was modifed on the filesystem. It
also includes several minor fixes for handling unlikely error
situations.

With this new version, a read to the group device can return an error
if for any reason the registered process is not allowed to have an
open file descriptor to the file being accesseed. This may be because
of no more available file descriptors or because the Linux security
framework does not allow it.

This version also implements poll() for the dazukofs.ctrl device. An
application may poll to see when an event is available.

Version 3.1.4 will be the final version with me as maintainer. If you
use DazukoFS and are interested in taking over maintainership, please
let me know.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer