ddd

DDD with Matlab 5.2/5.3

From: Rob Fergus
Subject: DDD with Matlab 5.2/5.3
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 19:16:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am trying to use DDD with Matlab, but am having some difficulties

Matlab works with gdb fine. But it doesn't work with ddd. Basically gdb is
started which runs matlab which reverts back to gdb when files are
executed, so breakpoints etc. can be placed. A "continue" command in gdb
starts run the matlab code until it reverts back to Matlab.

When trying the same procedure with DDD, some strange error messages are
generated, saying it can't load certain libraries etc. I tried using
Matlab 5.2 (I a currently use 5.3) and it got a little further, before
Matlab bombed out on a segmentation fault.

Are there any controls in DDD for being more free with processes spawned
within it?? Do you know of anybody using Matlab with DDD?

Below I give a more detailed procedure of how Matlab works with gdb:

The normal procedure is: matlab -Dgdb (this loads gdb)
               (in gdb): run          (launches matlab)
            (in Matlab): dbmex on     (turns on debugging of MEX-files - a
                                       type of C files which can be
                                       integrated into normal Matlab
                                       scripts)

Then in Matlab you run your MEX file and gdb interrupts, to allow you to
go about debugging it with gdb.

Any help would be much appreciated?

--
Rob Fergus

Dept. of Electrical Engineering, MS 136-93
California Institute of Technology
1200 E. California Blvd.,
Pasadena CA 91125

Tel: (626) 3954866 (Lab)