ddd

Question regarding forked processes

From: Iain . McNeill
Subject: Question regarding forked processes
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:06:47 +0000

I have a quick question that would end hours of distress ...
I am a newbie and hence need gentle guidance, I have searched all available
man pages and web sites but I can find nothing that helps.

I have a large piece of software that does a fork exec to run a second
program that deals with a separate function, data is then piped between the
two.

When debugging this main program, I want to be able to jump to functions in
the forked process and setup breakpoints etc etc. At the moment, I am
unable to as the symbol table does not contain any information on this
other process (obviously) .. so,

How do I either create a symbol table that incorporates both processes
or Reference two symbol tables at one time.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,

Iain