ddd

IRIX and errors

From: Brent Lehman
Subject: IRIX and errors
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 18:07:36 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to debug a C program with DDD/GDB.  When I load and run the
program, I get a warning: "Signal ? does not exist on this system."
Then either DDD, GDB, my program, or some combination thereof hangs.
I regain control only by killing GDB or DDD.

My C program does not hang when run independently.  It does include
signal.h.  It also links in the following libraries: pthread, m, audio.

To see if I get the same warning message with every program, I loaded two
others.  These programs wouldn't even run!  I got this error message
instead: "Dwarf error: wrong version in compilation unit header."

The system I'm on is a dual-processor Octane with 256 MB running IRIX 6.5.

Help!

***

"It has been established that the most frequent
random number between one and ten thousand is
four thousand, seven hundred eleven."         -  Anonymous

Brent Lehman
Media Arts and Technology Program
University of California
Santa Barbara