ddd

Building on Cygwin

From: Josh Schwartz
Subject: Building on Cygwin
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:17:09 +0200

HI,
 I'm trying to build ddd on Cygwin. Things seem to go well until it comes to
finding the Athena
widgets and
the Motif libraries.  I'm using a binary distribution of LessTif. I untarred it
in the /usr
directory. The X11R6
that I'm using is the latest available download for Cygwin.

Note that configure gives me:    checking for Athena... libraries
/usr/X11R6/lib, headers in default
path
but later it complains
configure: warning: The Athena widgets library '-lXaw' could not be found.
                    If you have the athena library, etc.....

However libXaw.a is in /usr/X11R6/lib
and in /usr/include/X11/Xaw I have: XawImP.h XawInit.h

output from configure follows after a look at my directory structure. I would
appreciate any help
you can give.

Thank you in advance,
Joshua Schwartz

Here is a look at some of my directory structure:
/usr> ls
X11R6           i686-pc-cygwin  lesstif         local           share
bin             include         lib             man             ssl
doc             info            libexec         sbin            tmp

/usr/X11R6> ls
bin      include  lib

/usr/lesstif> ls
Install  LessTif  Xbae     bin      include  lib      man

/usr/lesstif/LessTif> ls
AUTHORS         COPYING.LIB     KNOWN_BUGS      NEWS            TODO
BUG-REPORTING   CREDITS         Motif1.2        README          doc
COPYING         FAQ             Motif2.0        RELEASE-POLICY

The (I think) Relevant output from configure
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for gethostbyname... (cached) yes
checking for connect... (cached) yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... no
checking for shmat in -lipc... no
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for Motif... libraries (none), headers in default path
checking for Athena... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers in default path
checking for Xpm... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers in default path
checking whether compiling X headers requires -fpermissive... no
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... yes
checking for _Xlcmbcurmax in -lXintl... no
checking for shmap in -lipc... no
checking for XtToolkitInitialize in -lXt... yes
checking for XShapeQueryVersion in -lXext... yes
checking for XmuCvtStringToOrientation in -lXmu... no
checking for XawTextSetInsertionPoint in -lXaw... no
configure: warning: The Athena widgets library '-lXaw' could not be found.
                    If you have the athena library, please use the
                    configure options '--with-athena-includes=DIR' and
                    '--with-athena-libraries=DIR' to specify the Xaw location.
                    If you do not have the athena library, use the configure
                    option '--without-athena' to suppress this message.
                    See the files 'config.log' and 'ddd/config.log'
                    for further diagnostics.
checking for XpmCreatePixmapFromXpmImage in -lXpm... yes
checking for X11/xpm.h... yes
checking for xpm.h... no
configure: error: The Motif library '-lXm' could not be found.
                  Please use the configure options '--with-motif-includes=DIR'
                  and '--with-motif-libraries=DIR' to specify the Xm location.
                  See the files 'config.log' and 'ddd/config.log'
                  for further diagnostics.
configure: error: ./configure failed for ddd
/temp/ddd-3.2.1>

Joshua Schwartz
Redux Communications LTD.
address@hidden