ddd

using DDD with dbx

From: Con Hennessy
Subject: using DDD with dbx
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:55:00 +0100

Hi,
        I am trying to use dbx with ddd on solaris and there seems to be no
connection between
ddd and dbx.

The version of ddd is 3.3.1 and has been compiled with gcc 2.95.2 and motif, and
dbx version is "Sun WorkShop 6 update 1 Dbx Debugger 6.1 2000/09/12"

When I start ddd with the --dbx option and pass an executable name ( which dbx
is able to handle when I call dbx directly ), dbx is started but
1) no source code is displayed in the code window
2) there is a flashing "tick" mark on the lower right hand side
3) the dbx prompt is available
4) I can use the dbx prompt to do what I want
5) if I try to use any of the available graphic commands ( i.e. the menus )
        I get the message "Up:waiting until DBX gets ready"

Help.

Thanks
CP Hennessy