ddd

DDD and SIGUSR1 (user signal 1)

From: Bill McSpadden
Subject: DDD and SIGUSR1 (user signal 1)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:06:34 -0700

Using DDD to run an executable, I get a series of
SIGUSR1 signals. The DDD manual tells me that you can
cause DDD to dump core by sending it a SIGUSR1. To my
knowledge, the code I'm debugging (and there's a lot
of it) does not intentionally use SIGUSR1.

I've figured out how to ignore these signals, but I'd
like to know what's causing them.

Where is this signal originating? Is this an indication
that there is something wrong in my program?

In the February DDD archive, I see a similar description
of a problem sent in by Bonnie Wu
(http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/ddd/2001-February/000511.html),
but there was no archived response to her question.

Can anyone offer any insight into this?

Bill McSpadden