ddd

interrupt button exits ddd?

From: patrick philbin
Subject: interrupt button exits ddd?
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 17:24:19 -0400

Hi,

I am curently trying to get a GDB development enviroment up to trouble
shoot my powerpc based platform.  I have built in MPCBDM support into my
GDB and it appears to be wooking.  I can execute a "continue" command,
and it start executing my version PPCBOOT residing in my onboard FLASH
memory.  I can then execute a "ctrl-c", and GDB successully halts my
processor and does a regiser dump.  I can then resume program execution
by issuing another "continue" command, etc. etc..

When I try and do the same from DDD, I can hit the "CONT" button from
DDD's menu and the uP on my platform starts executing its' PPCBOOT boot
up code.  However, when I hit the "INTERRUPT" button, or a "ctrl-c", DDD
terminates its operation (my uP continues to run) and closes all its
windows.  Clearly there is some configuration conflict happening here,
but I am at a loss as to what it could be.

Has anyone else seen this behavior with their BDM4GDB or MPCBDM compiled
version of GDB spawned by DDD.  My command line definition for DDD (vie
the preference dialog box) is:

DDD --debugger /opt/denx/dirgdb/powerpc-linux-gdb
--command=/opt/denx/dirgdb/qeimpc.init

Any insights into this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick Philbin