ddd

Preferences in DDD - Question

From: Chris Moy
Subject: Preferences in DDD - Question
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:32:19 -0400

Hello,

I just started using DDD for some perl work and I have been pleasantly surprised with its capabilities. There is one thing that I have been trying to resolve and it has perplexed me over the past week. I have been changing my editor under the preferences "Helper" section from vi to emacs/gedit and I everytime a restart the program it does not keep that setting and starts up in vi. So I went into the .ddd/init file in my home directory and changed the editor settings in there thinking that would do the trick but it still starts up with the default parameters evenn though the init file has been modified. Do you have any suggestions on how DDD can retain the preferences after restart. I am using DDD v3.3 compiled with gcc 2.95.2 19991024 (release). I using Redhat 7.1. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Chris