ddd

Creating a button to set a breakpoint with associated command

From: Peter Vasiliev
Subject: Creating a button to set a breakpoint with associated command
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 19:02:01 -0700

Dear DDD/GDB experts, I need your help.

    I need to create a button in DDD that would create a breakpoint with
a particular command (e.g. set flag = 1) associated with it (all
breakpoints created with this button will have the same associated
command). I am able to do it in two steps now: create a breakpoint and
then assign a command. Making this a one-step operation would make my
life a lot easier.
    I tried to create a command in DDD that would set a breakpoint and
assign a command to it - GDB will not complete the command when it is
issued by DDD.

    Similar problem with a button that would interrupt the program and
execute the same command. If I create a button in DDD it interrupts the
program, executes the associated command (set flag=1) and then continues
the program. Everything is fine except that I do not need the program to
continue.

I am running DDD 3.3.1 with gdb 4.15.1 on Sun Solaris.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Peter.