ddd

a bug?

From: Anke Fabri
Subject: a bug?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 00:24:02 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I´ve some problems with running my C-programs with DDD:
the C-program runs "without problems", that is ti say it works, but there
are some smaller bugs in it I´d like to find with a debugger.
But running it with DDD, one function doesn´t work:
TIMER_PID_FILE is a string variable containing an existing file name,
timer_PID_fd is an integer.
if ((timer_PID_fd = open(TIMER_PID_FILE, O_CREAT | O_TRUNC | O_RDWR, S_IRUSR
| S_IWUSR)) < 0) {
is always true, although it doesn´t cause any problems if I run the program
without debugger.
TIMER_PID_FILE is a string variable containing an existing file name,
timer_PID_fd is an integer.

Do you know what to do?
I use Suse Linux 8.0.

Regards,