ddd

ddd with gdb for a workshop compiled executables

From: Limor Hevroni
Subject: ddd with gdb for a workshop compiled executables
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 10:32:41 +0200

Hi,
I am trying to use the ddd (version 3.2.91) with the gdb debugger for exe
which was compiled with workshop 4.2.
when I am choosing the dbx option it works fine (what a surprise ...:-)) but
I need to work with the gdb debugger and I have following problem with it,
I'll appreciate any help solving them:
I can't set break points using function names. it always tries doing "break
'func name' " and this doesn't work. I cant either display variables, it
doesn't show me the variable data, or says "Internal error: 'this' is not an
aggregate".
I have compiled with the -xs flags as was written in tip #42 to use for
cases of working with gdb and compiling with CC.
but it doesn't seem to be the sufficient solution.
any information regarding my problem will be appreciated.
10x,
limor hevrony
058-356485 03-6945436