ddd

Re: ddd 3.3

From: J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject: Re: ddd 3.3
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:51:07 +0200

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 18:24:16 +0200, Marquette Jean-Baptiste wrote:
> I have downloaded the file ddd-3.3.1.tar.gz to install ddd on my laptop
> Sony PCG-FX401 under Mandrake Linux 8.2.

There are precompiled DDD RPMs available for Mandrake; see
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=ddd&submit=Search+...&system=mandrake&arch=

> The configure step was going well but I got an error during the make
> process :

> logplayer.o: In function `logplayer(string const &)':
> /tmp/ddd-3.3.1/ddd/logplayer.C:164: undefined reference to
> `istream::seekg(long)'

> I suspect a missing header file

Missing header files typically cause a build to fail much earlier, e.g. in
the configure phase.

There have been issues with logplayer.C before; those could be fixed by
moving the "#include <fstream.h>" to before the other includes. Can you try
if that changes things?

HTH,
Ray
--
To this day we are still wondering what exactly it is, besides prices, that
Microsoft has innovated.