ddd

Re: DDD not launching on QNX - wants "libXaw.so"

From: J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject: Re: DDD not launching on QNX - wants "libXaw.so"
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:38:32 +0100

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 22:21:49 -0800, John Nagle wrote:
>   DDD 3.3.1, which comes as a binary with the QNX 3rd party software
> distribution, produces the message
>
>   "Could not find library libXaw.so."
>
> on program launch.

This means the DDD binary you're trying to use was built on a system that
had the Athena widget library installed and needs that library to be
installed to work. DDD's INSTALL file says
:We also recommend the following (optional) packages:
[...]
:   * The Athena Widget library (from X11R5 or later).  Having the
:     Athena Widget library is convenient for supporting panners - a
:     kind of two-dimensional scrollbar.

> That QNX distro lists only "lesstif" 0.98.18 as a prerequisite for DDD,
> and the QNX installer installed that automatically.

Apparently the Athena widget library isn't installed on QNX by default, and
a package/tarball containing it should be listed as a prerequisite for DDD.

> This is probably a "lesstif" problem.

This has nothing to do with LessTif. LessTif is a free clone of Motif which
is a different widget library that is independent of Athena.

HTH,
Ray
--
Sexual paranoia: did I once unknowingly sleep with THEM?