ddd

Fortran debugging

From: Raphael Arlitt
Subject: Fortran debugging
Date: 16 Jan 2003 18:23:07 +0000

Hm I tried to use ddd as a debugger for Fortran code and wonder if that is
even possible.
I already compiled with
g77
portland group 4.02 compiler pgf90
ifc 7 newest release compiler
on Linux (SuSE 8.1 pro build on gcc 3.2)

and the best result I got with g77. That was the only "working" solution.
But I could not jump into subroutines wich did not have a parameter list
(they use common blocks to access data). So it was not really usefull for
that specific code. Now I wonder since idb (intels debugger) and gdb work
quite nice, if there is a nice combination that works just fine
e.g.: ddd --debugger idb codeexe
I tried all my combinations but nothing worked better than the g77 one.

Does anybody have an advice how I can debug my fortran code using ddd on
linux? Is it feasable in the future? Do the compiler, command line debbuger
need improvement or is it ddd's fault (since fortran does not seem to be
the main target :-)

Appreciating any help,
Raphael