ddd

different target architectures

From: Frank van Eijkelenburg
Subject: different target architectures
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:24:18 +0100

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm trying to use DDD 3.3.1 with GDB 5.3 on a Linux machine with RedHat. I downloaded DDD and build it myself with the option --target=arm-linux (I want to remote debug an application and the application is running on an ARM architecture). I can startup DDD, and also GDB and GDBSERVER are finding each other. The problem is that DDD doesn't understand the executable to debug. In the gdb console, I see the following message:

warning: unknown architecture file may be incompatible with i386 target

I also started DDD with the option: --debugger "gdb -d /home/frank/gdb/gdb" and this version of gdb is compiled for arm-linux targets. If I run GDB and gdbserver (without DDD), I've no problems.

Can you tell me what I did wrong? How can I tell DDD what the target architecture is? Or is it gdb what is causing problems?

TIA,
Frank