ddd

ddd 3.3.1 on WinME, Cygwin of Jan 03

From: W Murray
Subject: ddd 3.3.1 on WinME, Cygwin of Jan 03
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:02:44 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to build ddd 3.3.1 with cygwin on a Windows ME machine.

cygwin packages were downloaded in January 2003 and saved to a CD. I installed from the CD, picking packages that seemed interesting  I think I have a problem with too many C++ installations.  I'll provide the specific errors and warnings in a moment.

What I am looking for is help on getting ddd to work with cygwin.  Is there a list of packages and versions I should have installed, and others I should not have installed?

This is my first venture into "configure; make; make install", so I am a definitely a novice.  I would appreciate help in getting ddd to run.

I am also concerned with my privacy, so I got an account on Yahoo to avoid using my primary e-mal account.  If you wish, please suggest a better way to communicate.

Thanks.

The issue that is currently stopping me from installing ddd is the definition of 'streampos'

Here is an extract from the screen output of Configure:

checking for streampos... (cached) no

Here are the last few lines of output from the make command:

                 from exit.h:37,
                 from exit.C:71:
/usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I./.. -isystem /usr/X11R6/include    -DNDEBUG -O2 -g -W -Wall -trigraphs  -c logplayer.C
In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/iostream.h:31,
                 from strclass.h:412,
                 from logplayer.h:36,
                 from logplayer.C:36:
/usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
In file included from logplayer.C:46:
/usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/fstream.h:38: using declaration `streampos'
   introduced ambiguous type `streampos'
make[1]: *** [logplayer.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dad/ddd-3.3.1/ddd'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I searched for files containing "streampos" in the cygwin directory and found several files.  I attached a jpeg image of the file find window, excluding the references to where I untarred ddd.  I see that this variable(?) is in several C++ files in different directories.

Hope this information is enough to let you suggest what to try next.  Thanks for the time.

W. Murray

Do you Yahoo!?

image/pjpeg