ddd

Re: DDD configure breaks on solaris 8

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: DDD configure breaks on solaris 8
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 14:56:35 -0500 (CDT)

In regard to: DDD configure breaks on solaris 8, Melissa Terwilliger said...:

>I'm trying to install DDD on a Solaris 8 machine and I get this error:
>

>checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
>configure: error: The X11 library '-lX11' could not be found.
>                  Please use the configure options '--x-includes=DIR'
>                  and '--x-libraries=DIR' to specify the X location.
>                  See the files 'config.log' and 'ddd/config.log'
>                  for further diagnostics.
>configure: error: ./configure failed for ddd

Melissa-

As with all configure scripts that are generated via autoconf, more
detailed messages are logged to `config.log' (as it says in the message
above).

Why don't you look through config.log and search for the string

        checking for XOpenDisplay

and then see what compile/link command happens after that, and what
error results.

Posting the text of config.log between (inclusive) the point where it
says "checking for XOpenDisplay" and the point where it says "configure
failed for ddd" may help someone diagnose what the problem is.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden