ddd

Re: Problem with display large amount of data with DDD

From: apgaylard
Subject: Re: Problem with display large amount of data with DDD
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 16:00:17 GMT

> Hello,
>
> I am using DDD for debugging my application.
>
> When i attempt to display the contents of this data DDD is unable
> display and it just hangs (using graph display command).
> I used GDB instead and found that gdb could print the data correctly al
> though it was huge.
> Also DDD crashes some times.
>
> The size of the data was > 20000 bytes.
>
> Is there any workaround (some command line option to overide the display
> cache size ) or is there a workaround for this.
>
> The console output is as shown below. Also i am attaching the log file
> generated during this time.

Hi Sohan,

>From your logfile, your version of DDD is 3.3.

Can you try a more recent version and see if that helps?
I know that several memory problems were fixed between 3.3.1 and
3.3.2, and that may solve your problem.

If you have g++ 3.2.x or 3.3 installed, you could try the most recent
version; if you only have Redhat's gcc-2.96 installed, you're
best off with ddd-3.3.2.

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail - JUST LIKE THAT
M-Web: S.A.'s most trusted and reliable Internet Service Provider.
http://airmail.mweb.co.za/