ddd

Re: ddd and gcc-3.3

From: apgaylard
Subject: Re: ddd and gcc-3.3
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 07:45:13 GMT

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I tried to debug a program which was compiled by gcc-3.3 and encountered
> the following problem:
>
>  ddd opens the program correctly and the debugging seems to go on normally.
> But if  ddd reaches  a point in the program which belongs to an other
> source file than that were ddd started, ddd can not find the
> corresponding source file.
>
> There are no problems when the same program is compiled by gcc-2.95.
>
> The option under Edit/Preferences/Source "Refer to Program Sources" on
> my ddd is fixed and not selectable.
> Its state is  "by Base Name" regardless if the debuged program is
> compiled by gcc-3.3 or gcc-2.95.
>
> Maybe this is a gcc-3.3 bug, but I think it should be roported to the
> gcc people by someone who is familiar
> with the debugging information which is put into the program by the
> compiler. I dont have the faintest idea
> about that.
>
> Or maybe there is an other workaround. Any advice?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it sounds like it,
because gcc-2.95.x and 3.x should exhibit the same behaviour.

Which version of DDD are you using?

Are you using gdb?  If so, the work-around is to add something like
this to your .gdbinit file:

    dir $cdir:$cwd:my_dir_1:my_dir_2

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail - JUST LIKE THAT
M-Web: S.A.'s most trusted and reliable Internet Service Provider.
http://airmail.mweb.co.za/