ddd

DDD and Cygwin environment

From: Filippo Santinello
Subject: DDD and Cygwin environment
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:07:45 +0200

Hi,

after using DDD for a long time under Sparc UNIX environment, I decided to
try it under Cygwin on my PC.

The problem is, the current Cygwin environment comes with two versions of
the GCC compiler collection, i.e. 2.95 and 3.2. Neither version is able to
generate a working DDD executable. To be precise, GCC 2.95 successfully
creates the executable but then this exec hangs when trying to connect to
GDB console; GCC 3.2 instead reports an illegal type conversion during
compilation and aborts the object files generation.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for your support
Best regards
Filippo

 | Filippo SANTINELLO -- Software Engineer             |
 | Telecommunication, Peripherals and Automotive Group |
 | DSP & Micro division                                |
 | Multimedia Technology Center - System Innovation    |
 | Phone:   +39 049 7921816                            |
 | Fax:     +39 049 7921970                            |
 | E-mail:  address@hidden                  |
 | STMicroelectronics s.r.l.                           |
 | Via Longhin 103                                     |
 | 35129 - PADOVA - ITALY                              |