ddd

Re: Installing ddd on cygwin (problems with -lX11 library)

From: apgaylard
Subject: Re: Installing ddd on cygwin (problems with -lX11 library)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:15:52 GMT

Hi Dan,

> During installation, (win xp , cygwin , ddd-3.3.5, X11R6 Installed)

Please give 3.3.7 a spin.  There were some minor configure changes
which might just make a difference.

> "bash ./configure" command fails:
> checking for X... no

This is the important bit...

> checking for Motif... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
> /usr/X11R6/include
> checking for Athena... libraries in default path, headers in default
> path
> checking for Xpm... libraries in default path, headers in default path
> checking whether compiling X headers requires -fpermissive... no
> checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
> configure: error: The X11 library '-lX11' could not be found.
>                   Please use the configure options '--x-includes=DIR'
>                   and '--x-libraries=DIR' to specify the X location.
>                   See the files 'config.log' and 'ddd/config.log'
>                   for further diagnostics.

.. which leads to this error later.

Where is your libX11.{a,so} (or whatever extension cygwin uses)?
I'm sure it must be there somewhere, since you have a lot of
other parts of X (Xpm, Athena, Motif).  Try passing that as an
option:

    ./configure --x-libraries=/yadda/yadda

Of course, if libX11 is missing for some reason, you'll have to fix
that first.

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail - JUST LIKE THAT
M-Web: S.A.'s most trusted and reliable Internet Service Provider.
http://airmail.mweb.co.za/