ddd

ddd waits for dbx prompt on AIX

From: Tom Eliaz
Subject: ddd waits for dbx prompt on AIX
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:58:27 -0800

Hi DDD group,

Thank you very much for your work on ddd.

For some time I had a problem I've seen posted here before:
when using ddd to remotely debug on aix using dbx as the remote debugger,
even after using -rhost, I got the behavior that dbx would attach, read
symbols, but then never return a prompt to ddd.

I confirmed that when running dbx manually on the remote system, it did show a
prompt.

I narrowed down my problem to having
export EDITOR=xemacs
in my .profile on the remote aix system.  Removing that line, or setting it to
vi, let everything work perfectly.

I hope this helps others who are asking the same question,

Tom E.