ddd

DDD attaching to an existing gdb instance?

From: Raimondo Giammanco
Subject: DDD attaching to an existing gdb instance?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:29:30 +0100

Hello,

 I would like to debug an application running in a parallel
context using PETSc (http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-2/).

 PETSc provide debugging capabilities: for example it is possible to
have an xterm with gdb examining only one one node with a command like:

 "mpirun.lam -np 2 ./a.out -display :0.0 -start_in_debugger
-debugger_nodes 0"

Now you could do the usual work on the xterm, but I was looking
if it was somehow possible to take this gdb process, incorporate
it in DDD, and continue normally.

Attaching DDD to the running process on one node is not really an
option since I am studying PETSc and I would use DDD for
educational purposes.

Is something similar possible? I looked around and in the
archives but did not find anything similar.

Best Regards,