ddd

uCLinux remote breakpoints not honored

From: Chris Tucker (JCT)
Subject: uCLinux remote breakpoints not honored
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 16:12:34 +0000

Has anyone seen (or solved?) the following problem?
Target is an ARM7TDMI running uCLinux (2.4 kernel), with gdbserver for remote
debug over Ethernet.
Host is SuSE Pro 8.2, running ddd v3.3.1 with gdb v5.2.1. DDD comes up fine,
and the target recognises that it is being debugged remotely.

Because there is no MMU on the target, I then run a utility called dbgapp (in a
telnet session) on the target. This gives me some text like "add-symbol-file
hello_c.gdb 0xdfc040..."., which I cut and paste the results into the host's
gdb prompt.

Now for the problem. If I set a breakpoint manually, by typing br
<functionname> at the gdb prompt, everything works correctly. But if I use the
source window to set the same breakpoint using mouse-clicks, the breakpoint
address is not correct, and code execution never stops at the breakpoint.

Seems that the source window's idea of code addresses does not line up with the
actual addresses?
- Chris
Io Limited
CB5 0HT
UK
+44 (0)1638 742 390 (voice)

This email may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged.
If you are not a named recipient, or believe it may have been sent to you in
error, please inform Io Limited at once.
All outbound email is scanned for viruses, but we cannot guarantee that it is
virus-free when you receive it.