ddd

Re: ddd configure stopped

From: jiefjn
Subject: Re: ddd configure stopped
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:47:00 -0500

Hi Andrew,

How are you? I installed lesstif by source. Now ddd configure works fine
without error. When I then type make, it complains that could not find some
header files like xregex.h, etc.

Are these files generated by configure command? I could not find them in
include dir. Could you point me how to fix that? Thanks a lot!

Regards,
--Jie

PS: error message from make:
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../include/xregex.h', needed by `regex.o'.
 Stop.

Andrew Gaylard <address@hidden> wrote:

>address@hidden wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I run ./configure for ddd, it stopped becuase it could not find Motif
>> library libXm.
>>
>> The version of DDD is 3.3.8 and Linux kernel is 2.4.21-0.13md. In configure
>> file it seemly try to find libXm.a but I could only find libXm.so in
>> /usr/X11R6/lib. libXm.so use lesstif-0.93.36-2mdk. Also I use --with package
>> to include libXm.so and it does not work.
>>
>> The configure file is so long that I can not read it line by line. Could
>> somebody tell me how to fix this problem? Thank you very much!
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> --Jie
>>
>> PS: The error echo is below:
>> configure: error: The Motif library '-lXm' could not be found.
>>                   Please use the configure options
>> '--with-motif-includes=DIR'
>>                   and '--with-motif-libraries=DIR' to specify the Xm
>> location.
>>                   See the files 'config.log' and 'ddd/config.log'
>>                   for further diagnostics.
>
>It's not enough to have only libXm.so.  You also need the headers.
>
>I suggest going to www.lesstif.org, and installing the latest lesstif
>in its entirety.
>
>Andrew.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.