ddd

Re: DDD-3.3.9-test1 is released

From: twurgl
Subject: Re: DDD-3.3.9-test1 is released
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:39:25 -0400

I have compiled the 3.3.9 test1 version on HP-UX 11.0 using gcc 3.3.2.  All
compiled fine and appears to have no issues.

I setenv CC to cc and CXX to aCC and tried to compile it with the HP cc and aCC
compilers;  I can't get past the ./configure.  It
tells me to set the CXX
variable to  a working C++ compiler, the config.log file shows that it can't
find "<iostream>".

I searched the system for "iostream" and found

/opt/aCC/include_std/iostream
/opt/aCC/include/iostream                     <this one is a directory that
contains a file "iostream.h".

What configure options do I use to make it find the iostream it needs?
thanks
tom

The information contained herein is GOODYEAR PROPRIETARY information and
includes GOODYEAR CONFIDENTIAL information. Reproduction of
this
document, disclosure of the information, and use for any purpose other than to
conduct business with Goodyear is expressly prohibited.

                      Andrew Gaylard

                      <address@hidden>                    To:
address@hidden

                      Sent by:                             cc:
address@hidden, (bcc: Tom Wurgler/NA/GDYR)
                      ddd-bounces+twurgl=goodyear.         Subject:
DDD-3.3.9-test1 is released

                      address@hidden

                      04/28/2004 03:40 PM

Hi people,

I have released the first (and hopefully last) test release
before 3.3.9 sees the light of day.

Since this release has many changes, I'd be grateful if everyone
would give it a spin, and let the mailing list know whether it
works or not.  I'm particularly interested in build issues
on commercial Unix platforms.  This release should (finally!)
build fine on HPUX-11.11, Solaris-8, Irix-6.5.x, and Tru64-v5.1.
But I need proof, so let me know (whatever your platform).

I'm pretty sure that Cygwin and MacOS users will still have build
problems.  Sorry guys, you'll have to wait for 3.3.10 or later,
I just haven't had a chance (nor have I had any patches for these
platforms).

Oh yes, you can find the release at

     http://sourceforge.net/projects/ddd/

Non-test releases will also be available on ftp.gnu.org, naturally.

Go get it!

Andrew.